Newcomers Info

On behalf of the New Town Residential Association (NTRA), your new homeowners association, we are so happy you have chosen to live in our community.  
The NTRA is governed by a five-member Board of Directors.  The Board of Directors adopts all rules and regulations governing the NTRA, approves the annual budget, makes annual assessments, contracts for maintenance services, etc. Information on current Directors can be found on the website's Board of Directors page. The Board of Directors generally meets monthly and all meetings for the Board as well as Committees are posted on this website's calendar.
Chesapeake Bay Management is the NTRA’s managing agent and is the organization responsible for day-to-day operations. This is where you would report any concerns or issues related to contractor services such as landscapers, common areas, etc. in New Town. Contact: or 757-706-3019 or use the Report an Issue feature under the Residents tab to report an issue.
Eight other Committees currently support the Board and oversee various areas. These Committees are staffed by resident volunteers. There are always opportunities to serve – just contact the Committee chairperson.

The community pool is generally open from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day. New homeowners may obtain pool passes (proximity cards) by completing the form found with the Pool Rules. Hours vary and are posted at the pool as well as on this website. (If you are a tenant you must receive the pass through your landlord.) To replace lost passes, contact Chesapeake Bay Management:
WEDNESDAY is generally trash day. Trash services are provided by the Association. (Trash pick up may be delayed during holiday weeks.)
Recycling is every 2 weeks (Enter your address on JCC website for schedule). Recycling is billed directly to participating owners by James City County.  
New Town is in the:
  • Jamestown B District of James City County (see James City County website)
  • 1st Congressional District of Virginia
  • ​​71st Virginia House District
  • 26th Virginia Senate District
Our polling location is the James City County Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill Road. Ballot information can be found at VOTE411.
Given recent redistricting, here is a map link to the various districts in Virginia.
To register to vote or vote early via absentee ballot, the James City County Office of Elections is at 4095 Ironbound Road. This is the only location for early voting in James City County. See map of these locations. 
LANDSCAPE services are currently provided by James River Grounds Management. Owners received seasonal services including mowing, pruning, mulch and chemical applications. (Note: Fenced yards are not eligible for mowing and pruning per our Governing Documents, but owners may receive these services for an additional assessment charge.) To report an issue with landscaping, submit a ticket here.
IRRIGATION services for Village Walk are the responsibility of James River Ground Management. Village Walk homeowners should submit a website ticket (dropdown Irrigation) to report a problem with the system. Single family homeowners are responsible for their own irrigation system maintenance and annual backflow testing.  
Here are some things to keep in mind as you and your dog walk around our neighborhoods:
  • Dogs must be leashed at all times when not on your private property.  This is a requirement of James City County as well as our New Town Residential Association.
  • Dog stations are located throughout our community for your convenience.  Please clean up after your dog as a courtesy to your neighbors, especially your youngest neighbors who play outdoors.
  • To prevent damage to our community landscaping and your neighbors’ private property, we ask that you steer your dog to the mulched areas in our common spaces to urinate when possible.
New Town loves its dogs and the energy and happiness they bring. Here are more tips for how you and your pets can live in harmony with your neighbors.