BOARD BUZZ February 2021 By Rick Fisher, Treasurer
Posted on Feb 1st, 2021
During the first six months following the transition from a Developer Board to a Homeowner Board, the new Board got to work and accomplished a great deal by the end of 2020:
- Incorporation of Savannah Square into the Association
- Updating/Re-writing Committee Charters
- Identify and documenting key operating policies and procedures
- Reviewing existing association contracts
- Developing and adopting the 2021 Budget
During January, the Board’s focus has been on:
- Working with Town Management (TM) to revise it’s contract with the Association. The TM contract must be aligned with the goals of the Association, and TM’s performance must be measureable. The Board believes that homeowners deserve to receive outstanding customer service. For example, concerns that are raised by members, and documented through the website ticketing process, should be addressed in a timely manner with follow-up until the issue is resolved. TM is an integral part of this process.
- Continuing to develop and document policies and procedures:
- Ticketing System on the Web (Finalized)
- Collection oi Delinquent Assessments
- Conduct of BOD Virtual Meetings (Finalized)
- Filling a Board of Directors Position Vacancy (Finalized)
- Investment of Replacement Reserves (Finalized)
- Turnover of Assets From the Developer to the Association
- Managing the Expenditure of Replacement Reserves
- Working with the Association Attorney to begin to review the governing documents with the intent of bringing them up-to-date and consolidating information (multiple supplements) in a logical and simple to understand manner. The assessment calculation issue will receive significant focus. Any changes to the governing documents will require a two thirds vote by members.
Beginning with the January meeting, the normal Board monthly meetings will be held from 3-5PM, generally on the fourth Thursday of the month. This is a change from the 6-8PM time. Although evening meetings will be held when necessary, the Association must pay TM an after-hours charge which we would like to avoid unless it is necessary. Members are still encouraged to participate via Zoom. All the planned monthly meetings as well as quarterly landscape reviews (new) are now available on the website calendar.
Chuck Stetler has announced his resignation from the Board for personal issues. Over many years, Chuck has contributed to the Association in key leadership roles. His wise counsel and considerable experience will be greatly missed. We wish Chuck and Susan the very best.