New Town, Have a Safe and Fun Halloween!
Posted on October 24, 2020 2:10 PM by Alison Douglas
Planning some Halloween-y fun? This year, our celebrations may look a little different as we try to
keep ourselves and others safe. Here are some ideas for you on how others are celebrating.
- Haunted Scavenger Hunt - How about holding a scavenger hunt rather than knocking on doors – hiding treats around your house or local area and then sending the kids out to find them always raises the excitement levels.
- Decorate, decorate, decorate! - See how spooky you can make your house.
- Doorstep Trick or Treat - You could make up a treat box to leave at your front door, so that trick-or-treaters can stay socially distant (Trick-or-Treaters - make sure you leave enough treats for everyone).
- Pumpkin carving - There’s still time to pick up a pumpkin and try your hand at carving.
- Get craft-y with your Face Mask (very 2020!) – why not make a spooky Halloween face mask. We’d love to see it. Send your photos to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to attend New Town’s Hocus Pocus Halloween Parade on Saturday, October 31 at 3pm in Sullivan Square. All are welcome to dress up and join in. Treats will be provided. Masks are required.
Share with us - How are you celebrating Halloween 2020?
We would love to see how you have decorated your home or how you have carved your pumpkin, so please upload photos on the new Halloween 2020 website photo album https://www.ntrawilliamsburg.org/photos/
or reply to this article with your comments to tell us how you are celebrating Halloween this year.
If you do go to the parade, you can upload those photos as well. Get your smartphone cameras busy!